Mark the primary month of the yr with tons of enjoyable for the household with the most effective kid-friendly issues to do in and round Houston in January 2023.
This month, see what MATCH has to supply, have a good time MLK Jr. Day, watch well-known YouTubers reside on stage, see 12,000-lbs of truck soar by way of the air, and extra.
Have you learnt an occasion that would make the checklist? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a hyperlink to the official occasion particulars.
Prime 10 Issues To Do for Children & Households in Houston This Month: January 2023
- Saturday Stargazing at George Observatory | Saturdays in January – Make your technique to the George Observatory in Brazos Bend State Park for an evening of stargazing, guided by newbie astronomers that may allow you to see night time sky constellations, planets in our photo voltaic system and deep sky objects out in area. $10; advance buy solely. 7pm to 10pm.
- Quince Expo at NRG Arena | Sunday, January 15 – Convey your daughter and plan her special occasion collectively on the Quince Expo. Get all the main points coated from the costume and the venue to the picture sales space, and even a celebration robotic. $12; free for ages 10 and underneath. Midday to 5pm.
- 6th Annual Family Fun Day at MATCH | Sunday, January 15 | FREE – Have a fun-filled household day with free methods for youths to discover the humanities. Spanning a complete metropolis block, the returning annual celebration will function reside performances—with reveals from Predominant Road Theater, Prelude Music and Open Dance Mission—plus bounce homes, face painters, balloon artists, stilt walkers, sidewalk chalk artists, and extra. Concessions and meals vehicles will even be on-site. 1pm to 5pm.
- Special Needs Sunday Night at the Ice at Discovery Green | Sunday, January 15 – Skaters with particular bodily or developmental challenges are invited to benefit from the rink on an evening designed for them. Friends with particular wants skate without spending a dime; all different skaters require a ticket for $17 (together with skate rental). 6pm to 8pm.
- 45th Original MLK Jr. Parade in Downtown Houston | Martin Luther King Day, Monday, January 16 | FREE – Black Heritage Society’s forty fifth version of the unique Downtown parade will probably be led by Metropolis of Houston dignitaries, marching bands, floats, peaceable marches and extra. The procession begins at Lamar and Smith Streets. 10am.
- Arbor Day Celebration at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Saturday, January 21 | FREE – Examine up with the household on the significance of bushes on the Arbor Day celebration on the Arboretum, the place you may as well attempt your hand at lumberjack video games, set out on a tree hike, watch tree-climbing demonstrations, and luxuriate in different family-friendly cubicles and actions. Plus, you possibly can even deliver a tree dwelling from the on-site sale. 10am to 2pm.
- Unspeakable Live at Toyota Center | Saturday, January 21 – Have some enjoyable with Nathan, James, and Gabe (plus particular visitor Prestonplayz) from the favored YouTube channel, Unspeakable, as they create their excessive vitality antics reside to the stage, together with particular visitor Prestonplayz, and possibilities to win cool prizes. $39.99 and up. 5pm.
- 2023 Lunar New Year Festival at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, January 28 | FREE – Welcome within the 12 months of the Rabbit with cultural performances, arts and crafts actions and globally-inspired meals at Asia Society within the Museum District. Whereas free to attend and benefit from the competition, performances from the Huaxing Arts Group Houston are ticketed and price $10. 11am to 4pm.
- Performing Arts Houston presents Gazillion Bubble Show at Jones Hall | Saturday, January 28 – The younger and young-at-heart will probably be mesmerized by bubbles filling the air at this one-day solely present that additionally options high-impact particular results, laser lighting, interactive performances and viewers participation. $29 and up. 11am and 3pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, January 28 & Sunday, January 29 – Marvel on the gravity-defying expertise of monster vehicles when Monster Jam arrives in Houston. Fan favorites like Grave Digger and others will take to the filth course for freestyle, abilities challenges and racing competitions throughout every of the scheduled occasions. $20 and up. Saturday 7pm; Sunday 3pm.