Head straight into the vacation season forward with the perfect kid-friendly issues to do in and round Houston in November 2022.
This month, proceed Día de los Muertos celebrations, watch Mickey and pals glide across the ice, trot round Galveston on Thanksgiving, see larger-than-life floats parade by Downtown, sing together with Child Shark, and extra.
Are you aware an occasion that might make the listing? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a hyperlink to the official occasion particulars.
Prime 12 Issues To Do for Youngsters & Households in Houston This Month: November 2022
- Night Market at Asia Society Texas | Friday, November 4 | FREE – This always-popular annual market returns to Asia Society, filling the indoor and outside areas with native distributors, Bollywood and Okay-pop performances, a Diwali-inspired funfair, an Otaku Alley, a beer backyard and meals vehicles, and extra. 6pm to 10pm.
- 2nd Annual Houston Día de los Muertos Parade & Festival at Sam Houston Park | Saturday, November 5 | FREE – After a profitable inaugural parade in 2021, the Día de los Muertos pageant returns to Downtown, providing a night of stay music, a parade procession from 7pm to 8pm, scrumptious concessions, arts and crafts, and extra. Free to take part within the parade, however conventional apparel—stuffed with pageantry and sweetness—is advisable. 2pm to 10pm.
- Disney on Ice: Into the Magic at NRG Stadium | Thursday, November 10 to Sunday, November 13 – Have a good time the magic of braveness, love and journey with Disney characters like Belle, Miguel from Coco, Elsa from Frozen, and extra after they take the ice at NRG Stadium. $20 and up. Times vary.
- City of Houston’s Veterans Day Celebration at City Hall | Veteran’s Day, Friday, November 11 | FREE – The Metropolis of Houston pays tribute to the individuals of the navy on the annual Houston Salutes American Heroes Veterans Day Celebration. There can be a standard Veterans Day ceremony with acknowledgments and a distinguished keynote speaker recognizing the native heroes, a second of silence, and the American Heroes Parade. 10am.
- HTX4Ukraine’s Borscht Cook-Off at Pokrova Ukrainian Church | Saturday, November 12 – HTX4Ukraine presents a cook-off occasion that includes probably the most well-known Ukrainian dishes—borscht—in help of the individuals of Ukraine. Baked items, drinks, and different Ukrainian delicacies can be out there for buy on the occasion. HTX4Ukraine is a volunteer group devoted to saving lives and supporting individuals in Ukraine within the time of the Russian warfare towards the nation. $10; features a cup to pattern every group’s borscht. Free for ages 12 and beneath. 11am to three:30pm.
- Children’s Festival: Under the Sea at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Saturday, November 12 & Sunday, November 13 – Take pleasure in a weekend of household enjoyable that features high-energy reveals, hands-on actions, and adventures for all ages at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Don’t miss Octonauts Dwell!, a PJ Masks meet and greet, bounce home enjoyable, and extra. $10 per day; free for ages 2 and beneath. Saturday 10am to 5pm; Sunday midday to 5pm.
- 40th Annual Lighting of the Doves at Town Green Park | Saturday, November 19 | FREE – Begin the vacation season at this annual occasion within the Woodlands with balloon artwork, face portray, snow play areas and snow slides, stay leisure on two levels, and extra. The Large Man himself, Santa Claus will make an look, arriving by sleigh down the Woodlands Waterway to finish the night with a stunning fireworks show. 3pm to 8pm.
- Galveston Island Turkey Trot in Menard Park | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 – The Galveston Island Turkey Trot incorporates a flat, ocean-view course on the well-known Galveston Island Seawall and welcomes each runners and walkers of all ages. The out-and-back 5K course ends with a post-race celebration at Menard Park. Costumes are welcome. The race helps HART, a nonprofit group that promotes well being and health on the Island and within the surrounding space. $40. 7:30am to 11am.
- 73rd Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 24 | FREE – Houston’s Thanksgiving Day Parade will return to the guts of Downtown Houston, the place 1000’s upon 1000’s of Houstonians will line the streets to cheer on individuals. The parade will traverse over 20 metropolis blocks and options elaborate floats, colourful marching bands, high-flying balloons and different uniquely Houston entries. 9am to 11am.
- Peppa Pig Live: Peppa Pig’s Adventure at Bayou Music Center | Friday, November 25 – That includes life-sized theatrical puppets carried out stay on stage, Peppa Pig’s Journey sees the beloved Peppa taking an thrilling tenting journey within the woods with George and her college pals, together with Pedro Pony, Suzy Sheep and Gerald Giraffe. Together with Daddy Pig driving the bus, Peppa and pals embark on a 60-minute stay musical journey, stuffed with singing, dancing, video games and surprises. $32 and up. 6:30pm.
- Houston Symphony presents Disney’s Fantasia at Jones Hall | Friday, November 25 to Sunday, November 27 – The orchestra performs the plush, classical music–impressed rating to Disney’s 1940 animated masterpiece whereas the film performs on display. $29 and up. Times vary.
- Baby Shark Live! The Christmas Show at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, November 26 – The beloved kids’s characters, Child Shark and Pinkfong, come to life in a one-of-a-kind immersive expertise going into the jungle and beneath the ocean to discover shapes, colours, numbers and extra. The present options hit songs, together with “Child Shark,” “5 Little Monkeys,” “Wheels On The Bus,” and “Monkey Banana Dance,” plus vacation classics like “Jingle Bells” and extra. $39.50 and up. 2pm.