Uncover nice methods to spend household time with the most effective kid-friendly issues to do from Monday, November 28 to Sunday, December 4, 2022.
This week, try loads of free occasions round city, catch a beloved play in Galveston, watch a shadow puppet come to life, play within the snow, tempo your self in a Charlie Brown–themed run, and extra.
Are you aware an occasion that would make the checklist? Drop us a line at [email protected] with a hyperlink to the official occasion particulars.
Prime 15 Issues To Do for Youngsters & Households in Houston This Week
- 2022 Galaxy Lights at Space Center Houston | Each day – Galaxy Lights returns this 12 months with a stellar spectacle that twinkles all through the campus, permitting guests to step by means of space-themed mild installations, soak up high-tech experiences, and stroll amongst flown spacecraft in a one-of-a-kind vacation occasion that may solely be present in House Metropolis. On view by means of New Yr’s Day, Sunday, January 1, 2023. $19.95 and up; free for ages 3 and beneath. Combo tickets that provide admission to the House Heart reveals are additionally accessible. 6pm to 10pm.
- Junie B’s Essential Survival Guide at the Grand 1894 Opera House | Tuesday, November 29 – Carry the children to observe a manufacturing of Junie B’s Important Survival Information on the Grand 1894 Opera Home in Galveston. From bus guidelines and Band-Aids to carpools and cookies, Junie B. and associates ship the definitive phrase on surviving and thriving in fashion. $10; $6 for teenagers (no age specified). 10am.
- Shadow Puppet Theatre presents The Very Snowy Christmas at the Woodlands Children’s Museum | Thursday, December 1 – See a shadow puppet efficiency of The Very Snowy Christmas by Diana Hendry on the Woodlands Kids’s Museum. Little Mouse worries that the sky “is coming undone” when he sees huge white flakes falling down, however Large Mouse helps him uncover the magic of snow and the vacation season. $7.50 for ages 1 and up. 11am.
- Energy Corridor’s 2nd Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at Hyatt Regency Houston West | Thursday, December 1 | FREE – Oh come all ye Christmas lovers to the annual tree lighting occasion that options the district’s 50-foot tree powered with renewable power. It’ll additionally kick off the District’s 12 Days of Christmas donations and have Santa Claus picture ops, plus greater than 20 native distributors providing hand-crafted, distinctive presents and goodies alongside Sweet Cane Lane. 5:30pm to eight:30pm.
- Holly Jolly Jingle at Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | Thursday, December 1 | FREE – The out of doors venue within the Woodlands presents a musical vacation program that includes scholar musicians from Conroe ISD performing vacation jingles and Christmas carols across the plaza. 7pm.
- Holiday Delights 2022: A Texas-Sized Christmas at the Bryan Museum | Friday, December 2 | FREE – The Vacation Delights 2022 occasion will embody actions like footage with and letters to Santa, a petting zoo, an elf hunt, meals vans, crafts, music, a Christmas tree lighting, and even some snow. Contains admission to the museum. 4pm to 7pm.
- WinterFest at Galveston County Fair & Rodeo | Friday, December 2 & Saturday, December 3 | FREE – The family-friendly WinterFest will function a gingerbread home contest, the Christmas pajama enjoyable run, a vacation market, and extra at Galveston County Fairgrounds. Friday 5pm to 9pm; Saturday 10am to 4pm.
- 49th Annual Dickens on the Strand in Downtown Galveston | Friday, December 2 to Sunday, December 4 – The vacation custom returns with household programming, dwell leisure, particular occasions and extra. The weekend pageant options parades, continuous leisure on 4 phases, new additions like Tiny Tim’s Play Land, Shopkeeper Expertise Village, and roaming characters all through the pageant. Free on Friday night. Saturday and Sunday tickets are $18; $13 for ages 7 to 12. VIP choices are $75; $30 for ages 7 to 12. Times vary.
- 13th Annual Trafigura Run for the House at Sam Houston Park | Saturday, December 3 – Kicking off in Downtown, this annual 5K and 10K run helps to boost cash and consciousness for the Ronald McDonald Home of Houston. $40; $20 for ages 7 and beneath. 8am.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas 5K Run/Walk at Addicks Park & Ride | Saturday, December 3 – Get the entire household collectively and get your vacation season began in a enjoyable approach with this inaugural 5K; starting with a Snoopy Youngsters sprint for kiddos 12 and beneath, and the 5k to comply with. All members will obtain a Peanuts finisher medal, and might stick round for a post-race get together and visits with Santa. Registration begins at $44.95; $34.95 for the Snoopy Sprint. 8am to 10:30am.
- Christmas in the Square at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, December 3 | FREE – Take pleasure in a day of ice skating, meals and drinks from City Sq. eating places and appearances by the Grinch, Cindy Lou Who and Mrs. Claus. There may even be the pop-up Boho Market, a particular dance efficiency, dwell music, and—if rumors are to be believed—snow. 11am to 4pm.
- Mayor’s Holiday Spectacular at City Hall | Saturday, December 3 | FREE – Be part of Mayor Sylvester Turner at Metropolis Corridor for Houston’s annual vacation extravaganza, which options dwell leisure (together with a headlining efficiency by Gloria Gaynor), fireworks, a tree lighting, a go to from Santa and different family-friendly actions. 5pm.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Movie Screening at Moody Center for the Arts | Saturday, December 3 | FREE – Rice College’s Moody Heart hosts a family-friendly, out of doors screening of Tim Burton’s vacation traditional The Nightmare Earlier than Christmas. 6pm to 8pm.
- 2022 Holiday Festival at Levy Park | Saturday, December 3 & Sunday, December 4 | FREE – This 2-day pageant returns to Levy Park, providing loads of household enjoyable with a vacation market, crafts station, dwell music performances, a free picture sales space with Santa, and extra. Midday to 5pm.
- Santa Cares Day at First Colony Mall | Sunday, December 4 – Kids inside all spectrums of particular wants and their households are welcome to a sensory-friendly go to for pictures with Santa at First Colony Mall. Reservations required. 9am to 10am.